wtorek, 6 listopada 2012

Learning throug reading

I found it very important to read in a language which you really want to know and use.
I can recommend this book to everyone who knows English. You can be a beginner or an advanced learner
This book is called Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern (from Dublin).



The language used in this book is quite simple. You won't find difficult grammar structures. What is more, I think you will find very useful phrases and words.
There is no narration. It's written by using short notes, letters, emails and instant messages; therefore, you can see how people communicate! 

This story is about Rosie and Alex. They are best friends. They grow up together in Dublin. Their ways are separated when Alex's family, because of his father, have to go to the USA. Still, two friends try to keep in touch. We can read how their lives change. We notice all ups and downs. You will be shocked when you find out what kind of decisions they make! The question is: will they finally get together or will they always remain just friends?

As a student you will find it easy to read. Don't be afraid! Sometimes, you don't have to understand each and every word to get the meaning! Reading this book and enjoying it is the best way to learn English, the real one!
Highly recommend!:)

You can buy this book or download from the Internet.



I put here the beginning of this book. Remember that they are children so they make MISTAKES:) Can you notice wrong spelling? Let me know:)

CHAPTER 1
To Alex
You are invited to my 7th birthday party on Tuesday the 8th of April in
my house. We are having a magician and you can come to my house at 2
o’clock. It is over at 5 o’clock. I hope you will come,
From your best friend Rosie

To Rosie
Yes I will come to your brithday party on Wensday.
Form Alex

To Alex
My birthday party is on Tuesday not Wednesday. You can’t bring sandy
to the party because mum says so. She is a smelly dog.
From Rosie

To Rosie
I do not care wot your stupid mum says sandy wants to come.
Form Alex

To Alex
My mum is not stupid you are. You are not aloud to bring the dog. She
will brust the baloons.
From Rosie

To Rosie
Then I am not going.
Form Alex

To Alex
Fine.
From Rosie


isn't it great?:):):)
Probably there is or will be a film based on this book. KLIK

1 komentarz:

  1. Witam
    Przyznałam Tobie wyróżnienie Liebster Blog: http://asiorek1.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-wyroznienie.html Zapraszam do zabawy.
    Pozdrawiam

    OdpowiedzUsuń